Saturday 28 December 2013

Deer in Dundas Valley Ontario

The most incredible and unexpected brushes with nature will present themselves at times that are less than perfect. Mother Nature presented herself while Margaret and I were taking a drive through the Dundas Valley.  I believe the six beautiful and healthy deer were moving through the valley looking for a safe place to stay for the evening.

 
Outdoor Adventurers
Deer in the Dundas Valley


I grabbed my camera and took off down a trail that would intersect the direction that they were headed. Feeling the rush come from seeing beautiful wild animals free has always been something I have found indescribable.

I hope you enjoy the photographs that I was able to capture. It is still possible to see wild deer and turkeys near suburban areas if you are in the right place at the right time.

Outdoor Adventurers
The herd of deer watching me get closer

Outdoor Adventurers
Most deer have a comfort zone that they monitor

Outdoor Adventurers
After the initial contact, the herd became comfortable with my presence

Outdoor Adventurers
A quick look back to see if I'm still there

Outdoor Adventurers
Deer tracks

Outdoor Adventurers

1 comment:

  1. Very cool to see deer!

    My sister lives just outside of Halifax (though in a suburban area) and they had a couple deer wander into their backyard.

    ReplyDelete